Software Policy for the Academic Success Center
In general, we will install any software requested and purchased by any department within the college, with the following guidelines:
- You must purchase either a site license or enough licenses to allow us to install the software on every computer in the Academic Success Centers on every campus (currently 250 copies).
- You must provide us with written special instructions, if any - otherwise we will use default settings to install.
- If software is located online, you must provide us with an exact url for download.
- You must provide proof of licensing. We cannot install software without the proper licensing.
- Software for the coming semester is generally accepted for installation until the last day of classes.
- Your software must be current - if it is dependent upon an older version of other software, will not run on the current operating system or causes errors because of age, we will not be able to keep the software installed.
- If there is an error in installation, we will repair or reinstall software on the next Friday after receiving your email notification of a problem.
- It is your responsibility to provide Academic Success Center staff tutorials, documentation and short workshops on how to use software.
- Icons for your software will not be installed on the desktop.